Thursday, May 21, 2009

On Chasing Dreams and Responsibility

The view of the clock at 7 welcomed my day. I tried to close my eyes again to go back to the world of dreams and rest my mind from the world's reality. But I could not, and so I have been left with no other choice than to get up and start my day anew. As Sir Nino put it, "Get up and chase your dreams."

I got my Didache and started the day with a prayer. Bless all the people around me, they who have taught me how lo love, by making me feel that I am loved. I folded my blanket, went to my room, and proceeded to our kitchen to have my usual morning Milo routine.

Thoughts were flowing in my mind for the past 3 days, having concluded our TOMCAT Summer Workshop and our heartfelt tribute for our seniors. Additionally, the end of my internship which made me miss the people who I have worked with in my 200-hour internship duration. Having these in my mind, I decided to open our PC and log in to my blog to jot down my thoughts into words. Unfortunately, our internet connection was down (I didn't know that it was, but thanks to Tita Azel's notebook and wireless router that I have been able to log in to the virtual world for a short while).

My good thoughts dissipated into thin air when I have received a text message from E.R. telling, "Jam, magpadala daw ng tao ngayong araw para mag-inventory ng gamet ng TOMCAT. Late na daw." Late na? They haven't even told us earlier that we needed to have an inventory. I responded, "As in today, now na?" ER texted back, "Dapat nga kahapon pa e. Pinapag-inventory na nila (Mam Ninia and Sir Jaile) ako kahapon e." Boo. I went to the school yesterday, they haven't mentioned anything about this inventory thingy. TOMCAT people where omnipresent for whole days in the week that passed; they haven't said anything about this.

Not having even a little knowledge about this, I texted Mam Faye. She explained how the inventory must be done; I told her that we could not do it today because it was just commanded too late to be accomplished in an instant. "Basta ipaalam niyo sa kanila ha," she concluded. Ok, the final remedy for this instantly-popping problem was to call Mam Bec, text my fellow heads, and tell that we would be doing this within the week. But not now.



"If I would be in my internship still, I would be on my way to the office at this hour," I thought to myself. Hahaha, oo na nga, nakaka-miss na talagaaa mag-OJT. I continued sipping my Milo when another message came in.

Steve:OFAD: Jam, u see me now. Nsa UST k n b? Nakita na ni boss yung AVP.

What? I am at home, having peacefully waken up from a good night's sleep. See you now?

I was talking to Judy over the phone, when my cellphone rang. It was Steve, probably frustrated with me for not having a quick reply to his message. I answered the call; He asked again, "Nasa school ka na?" I could not make a hasty decision to go out because Mama woould be get mad at me if I do so. Hence, I answered, "Hindi po ako makakapunta e. Tatawag na lang po ako sa office niyo, for the comments and revisions regarding the AVP." Luckily, Steve was quite considerate this time. Instead of insisting on my presence in school, he got my number. We conversed about the AVP minutes later. After talking to him through landline, all I needed to do was to contact Chad for the final editing of the AVP.

I sipped the last ounce of my Milo and texted Chad regarding the AVP.

It was an ordinary day, with extraordinarily instant demandsssss popping in your way. I again remembered what my dear elder friend told me, "Rise and chase your dreams."

Our small works are parts of a bigger whole which we will be leaving when we go back to dust. This is the cost of "response-ability", more famously known for "responsibility".

0 comments: