Friday, May 15, 2009

Always Have a Back-up

Atty. Rhina sat behind me, watching every button that I click as I save the mp3 mixdown for the 6.00 pm and 9.30 pm Provincial newscast.

My Computer. Voiceclip Drive Z. May 17, 2009. May 15 pm. Atty. Rhina's Provincial News 6.00 pm. Save.

My Computer. Voiceclip Drive Z. May 17, 2009. May 15 pm. Atty. Rhina's Provincial News 9.30 pm. Save.

Sir Niño used to this chore. Nonetheless, in his absence because of sickness, I was entrusted with this edit-and-save-it-in-the-RH-system craft for the airing of the Ratsada Probinsya segment in DZRH Aksyon Radyo national stations. Atty. Rhina did the newscast; I did the editing.

So the command went on. We did things almost perfectly. Thus, at around past 4 in the afternoon, we were done. Not until Terry and I came back to the office with Mam Rhina exploring the computer, uttering, "Jam, 'san mo sinave 'yung newscast? 'Di daw kasi natanggap sa RH."

True enough, it wasn't uploaded in the RH system. Mam Rhina and I vainly tried to search for the missing mp3 files in the two desktops.

My Computer. Voiceclip Drive Z. May 17, 2009. May 15 pm.

But the supposedly present MP3 files weren't there. "Wala ka bang back-up?" Mam Rhina asked. "Wala po Mam e," I frustratedly answered.

Hence, we were left with no other choice than to remake the lost newscast: Mam Rhina recorded another raw voiceclip; I edited it afterwards. After 20 minutes or so, we were done with the remake.

This time, instead of saving it in the Drive Z all at once, I also saved it in my folder in My Documents to prevent unexpected and unintentional deletion of files.

"Always have a back-up," Attorney vividly put it.



Lesson-learned: Always have a back-up. Not to be lax knowing that you have second choice in times of fallback; be that as it may, you have an assurance that another good thing awaits you when unexpected havoc and catastrophes come your way.

2nd to the last day in my internship. Editings galore. But had fun. :)


0 comments: