Thursday, March 25, 2010

Melting Ices in the Pail for Bath

I saw a water-filled drum in front of me, where I could soak myself to refresh and relax after a long and tiring day. However, the water was full of ice on top - the mist and fume coming from its coldness seemed to play zig-zag in the air. And so I must first let the ice transform into water again. Lessen the iciness to make it bearable and give a sense of justice to my worthy bath.

I closed my eyes and laid my back on the tiles as I watched the ice cubes melt on water. Each ice seemed to resemble the things that have transpired today - from the moment I woke up down to this ice-cold bath.

The first ice melt: holding the Bible and reading verses for the day as I whispered a prayer of Thank You's and supplications to the One who has made all things in Heaven and on Earth. Drinking glasses of water after fixing my bed stuffs, eating a Mister Donut Twist for breakfast, taking a good morning bath, checking out my to-do list for the day to keep me sane.

Mist continued to engulf above the pail. More ice to melt.

The second ice melt: dropping by the shoe-fixer for my most favorite Grendha sandals to be nursed after two years of almost-everyday-use. Heading to school for the third to the last episode of the Thomasian News Bites (TNB) where we, graduating seniors of our media organization, were tasked to do the last week airing of this daily news program. Anchoring for TNB with Wado, laughing our heart out loud with Alexis' sweetness bordering to flirting with him. Lunch with TOMCAT friends.

Water level was moving upwards as ice layers became thinner.

The third ice to melt: a visit to the Philippine Society for Orphan Disorders ' (PSOD) office at Greenhills for the handing-over of the documentary that we have produced as part of our film class. Chatting for half-an-hour with Mrs. Cynthia Magdaraog, president of PSOD, who I considered to be one of the most fluent women I have spoken with ever in my entire life. Hi-hello-how-are-you with Dickoy who have touched my heart dearly when I interviewed him for our documentary. A wine of gratitude for their kindness and openness to our production team which aided us to successfully complete our course in Film class.

Fume hovering above lessened as minutes passed by.

The fourth ice to melt: a wandering trip at Greenhills with Judy ,where she bought her new phone in exchange for a lost one. And seeing a little girl kneeling in front of a fellow young boy - crying as if lost in the mall. Not that she was lost, but someone threw something at her that made her cry like there was no tomorrow.

Water level continued to rise. Less ice, more liquid.

The fifth ice to melt: a trip back to school for a promise to Alexis to be with him in their Dokyu Fest's awards night. A university-wide competition where their documentary was fortunate to be a finalist; nonetheless, unlucky to be a disqualified entry. With embittered heart, Judy and I watched him accept an award that was not his (for the MTV which his classmates produced which qualified and won numerous awards in the MTV category), with a low spirit because of the disqualification of his documentary. Ironically, still having hindered, high hopes for the salvation of his production.

Little ice played with the water. Ice cubes gone; now, only ice pieces.

The sixth ice to melt: looking like gate crashers at the after-awarding dinner where we came first, ate first, and finished first with our casual shirts and maong get-ups vis-a-vis the other guests formal polos and elegant dresses. Afterwards, an hour and a half stay in EdTech to help Alexis in the budget proposal of his show for their BroadQuest competition the day after.

A water-filled pail. Overflowing, soothing, relaxing.

I scooped the first pitcher of water and dampened my head. Cold, but good. I filled it second and dampened my body. Cold, and great.

The third time, it equally dampened me from head to foot.

Nice to end a day with an ice-cold bath, with a reminiscence of good memories coming with the melting of the ice in the water of your everyday bath.



Snapshots of the Day
(photos by Meng)


Anchoring TNB for Wednesday, March 24


A number of the TOMCAT Seniors

0 comments: