Wednesday, February 24, 2010

To Live is to Love

"It's not when I breathe, but when I love, that I live."

Gissele kept on uttering this a while ago during our informal broadjourn class. We were doing last minute review and reading for our Media Law recitation, when she suddenly shared it.

On the first time I heard it, I answered with a dint of sarcasm, "And so I don't live, because I don't love. So I better stop breathing?"

When will I feel excited and enthused again when I wake up every morning, whispering lovely words in a prayer for the presence of someone who never fails to make me happy, contented, cherished and loved? When I will get my phone flooded with message in a bright morning, not for any announcement, favor, assignment or meeting, but for a sweet "Good Morning" with a character smiley of varying styles and shapes? When even in the midst of traffic, I don't hurry, or in the middle of slow-walking people I don't get pissed off, because I know the clock stops on the 24th to freeze for another hour which I call my 25th?

And on that 25th hour, I will be with that someone.

The world stops for two people whose lips do not move, but whose hearts understand each other because of their intent eyes discovering the depths of their soul.

If a person is praying for someone, and that someone is praying for another, whose wishful prayer is going to be granted?

Am I praying for the right person?

0 comments: