Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Me Time" made Earlier

"Hindi ko mahanap 'yung book e... Merong isang thesis, kaya lang within the library lang pwede gamitin," the voice on the other line said. Jo called me upon learning that none of the UP theses which I was about to pick-up were unexpectedly available.

"Ha? eh..." I did not know what to respond. I was already on my way to Ortigas where we agreed to meet. "Sorry talaga. Kanina ko pa hinahanap e, naikot ko na 'yung lib, wala talaga," she explained. Realizing her effort considering that she was not a part of our group (it was just our group's favor to her through Anna, our groupmate and her friend), I answered, "Ok lang. Unexpected naman e". Dropping the call after the train went past Guadalupe, I motioned to the door when it opened in Boni station.

Two long queues formed before the ticket booths. I tried to contain my temper and entertained myself with the numerous billboards of various styles and sizes that were omnipresent along EDSA. After ten minutes and so, I reached the booth and got my card back to Taft Avenue.

Originally, I was planning to proceed to MOA to have a "Me Time" stroll after I got the theses. But since I didn't get any, I carried on with my plan - only earlier than I expected. Luckily, I was able to make it just in time for twilight.

Sipping McFloat and writing poems on my phone, I watched how the sun beautifully set. Lights from the other side of the sea opened one by one, orderly forming a line in the purview.


It was a peaceful twilight, after all.

2 comments:

Sancho said...

Cool! I love "Me Times"! But I don't call it "Me Time". Haha. I call it reflection time or "enjoying and appreciating the beauty of earth time". I think times like those being alone, just doin' stuff by the sunset...being able to think and reflect clearly is one of the happiest moments of my life. My best reflection time comes last summer...at Bataan...It was about 2-3am...just lying on a bench beside the seaside... listening to the waves...watching the stars...listening to Viva La Vida...and reflecting on my future...and i said to myself...what a wonderful world.

jam said...

Yes, feels so good :)