Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Live in a World that I Do Not See

I was seated beside a man donned in decent white polo, black slacks, and leather shoes. The music was playing loudly outside - its lively mood resonated to the room where I was in. The man was silent, but his feet was going up and down to the beat of the music.

He got his phone from his pocket. He clicked on a button and maneuvered it towards his right hear. He did not look at the phone's screen; he simply listened to whatever was being uttered from it.

He returned the phone to his pocket. His feet continued to thump to the beat of the music. Until a woman in a more decent look delivered another woman with the most decent look amongst them. The latter seemed to be discomforted by, probably, a cramp in one of the parts of her body.

The man got up at once; the woman handed over to him sat down to his seat. He started to stroke her arms, up to the shoulders, down to her back.

I was in a massage center of blind people. The man seated beside me - now sturdily standing - was blind.

He continued to gently rub the woman's body. The thumps of his feet were replaced by the up-and-down movement of his fingers, hands and arms. But the music continued to play.

He checked his phone again - but did not look at it as usual. He listened to what it was saying. It continued to emit waves which served as a substitute for his lost sense.

I thought, "I live in a world that I don't see." Beyond what my eyes could perceive were bantam sounds deemed giant and intense - above all, significant - by the blind. Which, more often than not, would not be minded by the people who could see.

My phone rang, but I did not get it at once. The music stopped, but I was not at all affected.

Whereas, the blind man - and others in decent white polo, black slacks, and leather shoes - paused in a second or so when the music came to a halt.

Truly, I live in a world that I do not see.



Had a happy Sunday with Mama, Papa and Jigs. Heard Mass, had lunch, then went to Hypermart to buy some stuffs for the house.

Afterwhich, we headed towards Harrison Plaza where Mama had a massage at the massage center of the blind. It was where I made my writing above, saving it as a draft message of three parts in my phone.

It was a fun Sunday! Thanks, Papa God! :) Hope everyone had a good weekend in the start of the second week of January.

0 comments: