Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home Alone

Mama and Jigs went to Auntie Linda's home in Ternate, Cavite, where they decided to stay for a night. They were bound to return tomorrow evening for my brother's class on Monday. I have a debate tomorrow (1st three elimination rounds of AB Debate Series 2010), so I was not able come with them.

Hence, I am home alone tonight.

The Faces of A Girl Home alone

Curious. Answering with a smile. Doing a pout.
Angas look. Bored. Shocked.

**********

Not into American Entertainment

An hour ago, I came home from a dinner with my debate friends - Kuya PM, Darrell, Jamie and Bry. Insisted by Kuya PM, I accompanied them to have a biscuit and candies grocery for tomorrow's debate event. Afterwhich was our dinner at the SM food court in San Lazaro.

While dining, they all talked about American Series - Glee and Heroes - as well as American talk shows in the likes of Letterman, Lenon and Conan. I sat there, smiling and listening to what they were all talking about. I was trying to understand the stories and issues they were discussing. With full honesty, I have never been an avid fan of American series, so I felt a little off when they were having their interesting conversation.

I was silent while listening to them when Bryan moved toward me and said, "Manood ka na kasi non." I have always wanted to watch Heroes because of its unique plot and characterization. However, I'm just too lazy stare at the computer screen for a long time for a marathon or stroll around Quiapo to scout for DVD copies. So I just replied, "Kapag nanood ako non, hindi na 'ko matutulog." Jamie seconded, "Nood ka na kapag graduate ka na." And we both giggled.

Oh, a deviant I was in terms of common interests of people of my age. I wanted Coelho and Oriah, and I could share so many things about them, as well as about the inspiring interview that we had for our documentary. But when it comes to things like this - American Entertainment, to be precise - I have not been updated, more so not as interested as they have always been.

I went home with Kuya PM who had the same route as mine towards South Manila areas Pasay and Makati. We did not talk about Heroes or Glee; rather, a foreseen ABDP UBE at the La Mesa Eco Park in the upcoming months. There, we had the same level of excitement and interest.

0 comments: