Saturday, November 28, 2009

I can Write. I can Speak.

For the past days, I have been wondering why I cannot write
- a poem, a lyric, an essay.
I could not paint the portraits
successively appearing in my mind.
I cannot write.

For the past days, I have been wondering why I cannot speak
- a thought, an argument, a speech.
I could not articulate what my heart
would want to declare.
I cannot speak.

For the past days, I have been wondering.
Why cannot I write?
Why cannot I speak?
Probably, I have been forgetting something.

It's not the mind that speaks.
It's not the mind that paints portraits.
It's not the mind that thinks.
It's the heart that does.

It's my heart that wonders
why I cannot write,
why I cannot speak.
Because it has so many things to say,
that is why I want to write;
I want to speak.

I can write.
I can speak.

0 comments: