Sunday, November 29, 2009

After I Write, I would Go to Sleep

During my FX ride on my way home, I felt badly sleepy that I seemed like a dying person fighting for life. At the drop-off point in the SM Manila Area where FX drivers dislodge their commuting passengers, the one seated beside me waited for seconds before he was able to go out of the mobile door. Seated beside the driver in front passenger's seat, he politely asked me for an excuse to go out - but my normally instant response to this took about five seconds or so. I was on a hibernation.

I told myself that as soon as I get home, I would hit the sack at once and grant myself a good rest for a Saturday night.

However, when I arrived home, my impulse took me to my youngest baby cousin who I carried for a couple of minutes - with me still in uniform. Minutes later, after changing clothes, I went to our kitchen and chowed down the day's viand which Mama set aside for me, as I watched the Maalaala Mo Kaya hooking me up until the Pinoy Big Brother. My younger brother finished using the desktop; hence, after watching the reality program, I instantly went to our PC unit to check mails and open my social networking site accounts.

From 8:00 pm in the FX ride with the sleepy eyes, until 1:30 am with still sleepy eyes. But still, I was awake. I managed to be awake.

Truly, feeling asleep could be affected by what you are doing. As long as you feel relatively satisfied with your craft and work, your "sleepiness" would be wiped out. However, when all that you would be doing is to blankly stare at a wall, listen to a boring lecture, or read a brain-bleeding book, the impulse to sleep would instantly set in. Then the body would ask for a rest - the eyes getting tired of ungleeful portraits and scenes.

Playing with my youngest cousin, dining the day's viand, watching TV , checking mails and updating networking sites have been my ordinary routines at night. That was why I still managed to be awake.

From the school, to my FX ride, towards home. After I have written, I would go to sleep.

0 comments: