Sunday, August 9, 2009

We don't Know Where

Have you experienced going out of home knowing where you are headed to, but do not exactly know where it is?

I just did. I went out of home knowing where to go but did not exactly know where it was.

Mam Faye asked us to make our Saturday vacant for a "Leadership Seminar". Up until last night, we did not know what time we would be meeting, and where we would be having the said seminar.

Until I checked my phone in the morning with Cathy and Judy's messages, telling that we would be meeting at 4 in the afternoon at Mcdonald's, Quezon Ave. Remembering that our affair would be held in Bulacan, I wondered what kind of seminar it was (or whether it would really be a seminar) which would start later at 4 pm.

So it happened. With me last to arrive at the meeting place, we headed to fetch Mam Faye at her 2nd binyagan venue; afterwhich, dropping by SM Fairview for Gissele. Then we headed to San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan.

While in the TV5 Van, Mam Faye told us that we would be hearing a talk by no less than Francis Kong. With a big spark of excitement, I waited until we arrive the venue. At past 7 in the evening, we arrived at Mam Faye's church, the Cornerstone.

We had a few worship songs and prayers while waiting for Francis Kong to arrive. At around 8, Kong started his speech. "We fix ourselves first! It all starts with perspective. What we need to do is to reconfigure our philosophy," he said. As great as he has always been, he shared his five success perspectives:
  1. Wherever you are, be there.
  2. What you are looking for, you will find it.
  3. If you think you can, you can. If you think you cannot, you're right.
  4. Whatever you work on, you become.
  5. Whatever you admire, you copy.
Concluding the talk, he uttered, "Life is a mixture of pain and pleasure."

This was my second time to hear a talk from Francis Kong. I was in my 4th year high school when I first heard him speak, with which I have made a promise to myself that I would fulfill in college. Amazingly, now that I am in my last year in college, I met him again. In one of my crossroads in my 4th year life, I was bound to remember what I have promised myself years back. Above all, to renew the value of faith in me that has been dormant in the months that passed.



Have you experienced going out of home knowing where you are headed to, but do not exactly know where it is? I guess we always do.

Maybe we know where we are headed to, but do not exactly know where it will be. We may approximate how we are going to get there; but the process itself, we do not fully control and hold of. We set time tables for things, but God has His own timing for all these.

We always get out of home knowing where we are headed to, but do not exactly know where it is.

God only knows.

0 comments: